GROUP RIDES START MAY 7TH!
**A & B RIDES ONLY FOR NOW**
SATURDAY MORNINGS – WEATHER PERMITTED
ALL RIDES WILL START AND END AT CYCLEOLOGY BIKE & SKI
Please Arrive on Time
“A” RIDE – 7:00 AM
- Faster paced ride for the competitive rider looking for a good workout – aggressive pace and ride with challenging terrain.
- Target Pace: 19-22 mph / Target Distance: 30-50 miles
- No Mercy – if dropped, consult directions on your phone.
“B” RIDE – 7:45 AM
- Emphasis on riding, but more social. Riders should have some experience in group rides and be an intermediate bike handler.
- Target Pace: 15-18 mph / Target Distance: 20-30 miles
- Re-groups at intersections, but still a challenging ride.
“C” RIDE – 8:30 AM
- Beginner ride with a slower pace and more social focus – this ride will help you learn the rules of the road and how to safely ride in a group.
- Target Pace: 13-15 mph / Distance: 15 miles
- Regular re-groups and focus on group ride instruction.
Coffee and pastries served after the group rides!
Always check our Facebook page for weekly ride updates.
- If a rider wants to exceed the speed of the group they should join a faster ride classification.
- Average speed is just a relative guideline and will vary based on conditions, route, and Red Bull/espresso consumption.
- Triathlon (TT) or any bike other than a road bike presents a safety hazard in tight group riding and should not be used on our larger group rides.
- These rides are not a race!
All riders should have the following:
- Tools: spare tube, patch kit and pump/C02
- Hydration: please have water and/or sports drink
- Food: items such as gels, energy bars & waffles, bite size sandwiches, bananas, dried fruit, etc.
- Safety: properly fitted ANSI/Snell approved helmet, ID and/or phone
Group Riding Tips – Please read, respect and follow:
- Your movements will effect everyone in the group. Hold a straight line, don’t weave and always overtake around the right hand side of the group.
- A key factor to successful group riding is communication. Make sure you always pass any verbal or hand signals through the group.
- Obey the rules of the road – respect motorist & traffic laws!
- Don’t overlap wheels! Overlap of rear wheel combined with any sudden movement by the rider ahead will likely bring both of you down.
- Avoid half wheeling – when 2 abreast riding, maintain an even pace and stay level with the person next to you. Do not constantly up the pace whenever a rider draws level to you.
- Wheel suck – don’t always sit amongst the wheels and shirk your stint at the front. Even if you just put in a few turns of the pedals it will be appreciated.
- Maintain Pace – don’t get on the front and accelerate, try to maintain the pace of the group.
- Don’t ride in the gutter – it forces everyone else to follow increasing the likelihood of hitting obstructions.